- giant group
- giant finance +
- £45,000 to £60,000
- Job Tenure
- Full Time Permanent
At giant finance+ we have an exciting opportunity for a Risk Manager – Invoice Finance to join our growing team.
Using 30 years of specialist knowledge we help organisations more effectively manage their workforce and with our people at the heart of what we do, we engage internally and externally with honesty and empathy.
For 30 years giant have provided specialist, end to end workforce management software and support services to recruitment agencies and corporate companies, internationally.
At giant finance+, we specialise in supporting start up to medium sized recruitment agencies by providing funding, integrated front & back office software and support services, all tailored specifically for this sector.
about the role
We are currently in an exciting growth phase where we have an excellent opportunity for a dedicated and forward-thinking individual who will be excited by the challenge of revolutionising invoice finance for recruitment agencies drawing on our market leading systems, our wide product range and excellent client service.
Robust risk control is central to the success of our business and the Risk Manager role is seen as a good platform for career development to Senior Management and Board roles.
Reporting into the CEO, as the Risk Manager you will play a key role in supporting policy, providing strong risk guidance throughout the business and importantly be “hands on” with file sign off, client reviews, auditing processes, credit committee decisions.
Your ultimate objective is to provide timely and commercial risk-based outcomes for internal teams, clients, and other external stakeholders.
- Working within the Strategic Objectives and Credit Policy of giant finance+ you will work alongside the management team to ensure good risk controls throughout the business providing coaching and training where needed on our risk parameters and reviewing processes when required.
- Ensure credit policy and legal facility agreements are adhered to
- Underwrite new business and existing client credit submissions in line with credit policy and personal delegated authority, demonstrating sound judgement and strong commercial awareness
- Provide strong analysis and evaluation of credit and financial data (commercial & consumer) and collateral data to determine the suitability of clients for our products
- Provide guidance on the factorability of debtor contracts
- Review and authorise new files for first payment and escalate any issues
- Support Client Management with intensive account management as needed
- Have a watching brief on high-risk clients
- Make risk-based recommendations to Board as developments in products and market conditions change
- You will have a minimum of 5 years risk or client management experience gained within Invoice Finance with a sound understanding of the key collateral and risk drivers specific to SME’s, this experience may have been gained within Client Management or Audit roles and you will need to be able to demonstrate how your experience is relevant to the role
- Ideally, you will be educated to a business-related degree level or equivalent or hold a UK Finance industry diploma
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced, forward thinking, dynamic environment, where you enjoy structure and following defined risk management processes with exceptional client relationship management
- You have a “make things happen” attitude and are always willing to take on new challenges and discuss new ideas and follow through to delivery
- You are results based, ambitious and passionate about serving both shareholders and clients
- You have great enthusiasm and attitude for the role, a high level of resilience and strong written and verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Understanding and striving to achieve the giant people values is essential
Your career path at giant will be consistent with how well you are carrying out your current role including reference to whether you have met or exceeded your objectives and importantly how you demonstrate the giant people values.
Understanding your aspirations ultimately helps us to guide your individual career path whether it is in your current role or in a different role that your skills and knowledge can be developed.
In this role you will have a career progression and development route that provides a good platform to Senior Management and Board roles.
We provide in-house certified training as well as role relevant accredited training to enable you to do the role efficiently.
giant people values
At giant we have people values that we always aspire to. They are the cornerstone of our culture:
personal growth: we strive to understand ourselves.
we are self-aware and in control of our insecurities, moods and emotions and their effect on others.
we control our reactions and think before speaking so we can empathize and understand other’s emotions and their views.
we are good at building rapport and relationships with others often by finding a common ground.
we take ownership of tasks/projects, whilst freely admitting our mistakes, and we stretch ourselves to grow (being nervous shows you are being stretched!),
we listen well, encourage others to speak and we communicate in a straight-forward honest manner leaving nothing unsaid - we say the good & the bad! All whilst always being fair, respectful, and emotionally intelligent.
working as a team
we achieve goals together as a team, with humility not ego, where everyone is equal and feels safe to challenge others and have their views heard and always with a sense of humour!
Studies show that working for and with people who have emotional intelligence increases job happiness (satisfaction and motivation) exponentially. By following these values, we can be the best at what we do, provide greater job satisfaction for those around us and we can all grow to be the best version of ourselves!
To help you progress in your career you will be set clear objectives and you will be expected to constantly give and receive feedback. Every three or six months (monthly in your first three months) you will have a straightforward review meeting discussing your achievements, the progress of your objectives, examples of how you have demonstrated the giant people values, together with any other relevant discussion points including of course any feedback (good and not so good!) on your line manager.
giant employee survey
We engage our people, understand their development needs and adapt the way we work, this is demonstrated in our 2021 employee survey results which indicates on average giant employees are:
• 97% are clear on their role
• 93% understood their KPI’s
• 93% understood objectives align with giant's mission and overall company objectives
• 89% were trained and developed
• 94% agreed that regular communication & teamwork take place
All our posts are subject pre-employment checks. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and we look forward to all applicants and applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job and to consider them on their abilities.
Please note we reserve the right to close this advert early and therefore we encourage you to apply for this position early.