Senior Accountant (Practice)
Welcome to a great opportunity for you to develop your career as a Senior Accountant (Practice) reporting directly to the Manager for giant accounts managing a portfolio of recruitment agency clients where you have overall responsibility for service delivery and accounts production.
You will be preparing and reviewing management accounts ensuring statutory filings are on time and accurate and to include but not limited to:
- VAT returns, Annual Accounts, Companies House Filings, Self-Assessment & corporation tax returns.
- Ensuring that all instructions taken from clients, are in a timely and professional manner
- Understanding of client's businesses and the key risks
Accountant - About you:
You are curious, creative, energetic and enthusiastic, able to multi-task and often work independently in a client facing environment in a consultative manner with experience of forging and maintaining working partnerships with all stakeholders.
You will be technically strong with good understanding and knowledge of accounting standards and the following essential skills:
- ACA / ACCA qualified
- Minimum 2 years practice experience
- Good Microsoft skills – Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience of working with a portfolio of clients
- Ability to manage and prioritise your workload
We want to give you the tools and support to overachieve, our clients love working with us and our staff enjoy the day to day engagement and challenges thrown at us, with easy commute routes into our office in Chelmsford, you will experience the energy and comradery.
So, if you’re hungry, driven, customer focused and seeking a challenge with an excellent can-do attitude, then it makes total sense that giant is where you want to shine, grow and develop to your full potential.
Senior Accountant (Practice) - Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Monthly 1:1’s and annual reviews
- Personal development and training with defined career progression
- You receive giant advantage our award-winning employee reward scheme, Cycle to work, and car salary sacrifice schemes - saving you £000s annually
- Flexible work pattern, Social events/nights out, Fruit Mondays & Weekly dress down Friday
If this is you and you are excited about making that leap, then we would be delighted to meet you. It’s an excellent opportunity for you and us where we can provide innovation, freedom and for you to be part of something big.
Senior Accountant (Practice) - About us:
Since 1992 giant have provided specialist, end to end workforce management software and support services to large and small recruitment agencies, internationally.
We invest heavily in our cloud-based software which ranges from candidate sourcing and onboarding through to timesheet management, billing and payroll. Our support services include candidate screening, employment solutions and legislative risk management; whilst at our specialist division, giant finance+, we provide tailored funding, software and support services for start-up to medium sized recruitment agencies.
Client data is safe with us. Our commitment to compliance protects business from risk and our rigorous international security standard ISO 27001 ensures that their data is GDPR secure. Our long-term clients including Barclays and Page Group continue to benefit from our expertise.
With giant accounts, we provide accountancy services to recruitment agencies as well as help thousands of independent contractors make the most of their income. We make it as simple and easy as possible for our clients using technology and our expertise.
All our posts are subject pre-employment checks. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and we look forward to all applicants and applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job and to consider them on their abilities.