- giant group
- giant precision
- £ 50000 - £ 60000
- Job Tenure
- Full Time Permanent
IT Systems Manager - About us:
As our newest team member the first thing that will strike you about giant is the great culture and working environment. We are an innovative, collaborative and entrepreneurial organisation that has been going strong for 25 years that supports and nurtures our staff.
Welcome to a rapidly expanding business where your ideas are lapped up and people thrive on the fast-paced energy it exuberates. There is a huge opportunity to develop your career so, if you’re hungry, driven, seeking a challenge and excellent at what you do, then it makes total sense that giant is where you want to shine, grow and develop to your full potential.
Our company culture is unique, it encourages you to get involved in the direction we take and engage with everybody everywhere. We want to give you the tools and support to over achieve, our clients love working with us and our staff enjoy the day to day engagement and challenges thrown at us. Our head office is based near Canary Wharf, the financial capital of London, with easy commute routes into the office where you can experience the energy and comradery.
With giant precision’s unrivalled back office software, we help businesses streamline processes, save costs and leverage growth – from small beginnings to global footprints. Our long-term clients – since 1992 and ongoing – include Page Group and Barclays Bank.
IT Systems Manager - About the role:
As the IT Systems Manager you will be responsible for providing a high level of support to internal users by ensuring that all the technical communication systems hardware, software and telecoms in all areas of the business is operational.
You will be providing leadership and direction on all IT Systems from installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware & software faults to solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
In addition you will assist with the development of IT strategy, development of the IT function and IT team. This position will report directly into the Group Chief Technology Officer with the overall responsibility for:
Network management – server / hardware / infrastructure
- IT security – backups / updates / disaster recovery / data and privacy protection
- Internal support – desktop and remote
- Management of the company telephony and email systems
- Team leading within the IT team
IT Systems Manager - About you:
You are curious, creative, energetic and enthusiastic, able to multi-task and often work independently in a client facing environment in a consultative manner with experience of forging and maintaining working partnerships with internal & external stakeholders.
You will understand strategies for design and development of information technology and computing systems and know the characteristics of software development. You are able to provide user support and resolve problems related to the different uses of computing systems and able to apply the standards of network architecture.
IT Systems Manager - Essential requirements:
- LAN / WAN administration
- High level of flexibility to work over a 7-day period/out of hours
- Office 365 / Active Directory / VMWare
- Dell/IBM/H hardware and intranet
- Qtac/Microsoft/Cisco/Sage software
- Vendor Management
- Firewalls, routers, network security
- Excellent communication and support skills
- Knowledgeable about quality management, risk management, security and management of development and operations
- Ability to set standards, monitor and ensure compliance
- Problem solver
- Work well with little supervision
- Ability to adapt to an industry that is constantly evolving
IT Systems Manager - Benefits:
- Personal development and training with defined career progression
- You receive giant advantage our award-winning employee reward scheme
- Flexible work pattern
- Cycle to work, and car salary sacrifice schemes – saving you £000s per annul
- Social events/nights out
- Fruit Mondays
- Weekly dress down Friday
- Office games (table tennis, pool and table football) and much more.
If that’s you and you are excited about making that leap, then we would be delighted to meet you. It’s an excellent opportunity for you and us where we can provide innovation, freedom and for you to be part of something big.
All our posts are subject pre-employment checks. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and we look forward to all applicants and applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job and to consider them on their abilities.