- giant group
- giant professional
- Home Working
- £45k - £60k
- Job Tenure
- Full Time Permanent
As the technical payroll & compliance manager you will work alongside and complement the operational payroll team The role will oversee and coordinate all aspects of technical payroll guidance and compliance across the Group through regular reviews and reconciliations.
Your ultimate objective is to ensure all payroll policies and procedures are compliant with company and relevant local laws, policies and regulations.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
1. Serving as a subject matter and industry expert on technical payroll administration and looking to continuous service improvement and efficiencies.
2. Identifying each business unit’s/client’s requirements and ensuring that the output(s) produced meet payroll & pension compliance standards and exceed service quality standards.
3. Checking and signing off all processes and documentation in relation to payroll & pension compliance.
4. Responsible for monthly audit and compliance reviews of all payrolls within the group (each business unit maintains responsibility of doing their daily/weekly reconciliations)
5. Recommending improvements on how payrolls & pensions are operated in line with best practices compliant with HMRC/legislation and The Pensions Regulator.
6. Researching any changes to legislation and briefing each business unit on how it may affect them/their clients.
7. Researching and providing answers to technical payroll questions; and demonstrating how the answer has been reached.
8. Reporting to stakeholder management on identified issues, errors, and inefficiencies.
9. Providing technical training and updates to business units and clients via email updates, webinars, lunch & learn, etc...
10. Investigating queries raised by internal/external clients and carry out background research including any required reconciliations, leading to guiding them through the appropriate steps/procedures.
Ideally you will be at least CIPP level 4 qualified, with at least 5 years’ experience as a payroll professional and have some proven experience on working through complicated technical payroll queries.
You must have a high level of attention to detail, a proactive attitude that demonstrates dedication to service, great enthusiasm and attitude for the role, a high level of resilience and strong written and verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
• Proficient in Microsoft office, especially in Excel, is required.
• Confident in presenting to senior stakeholders
• Understanding and striving to achieve the giant people values is essential.
Your career path at giant will be consistent with how well you are carrying out your current role including reference to whether you have met or exceeded your objectives and importantly how you demonstrate the giant people values.
Understanding your aspirations ultimately helps us to guide your individual career path whether it is in your current area of the business or in a different area that your skills and knowledge can be developed.
In this role your career path is to ultimately build and lead a payroll compliance team. The role will predominantly be responsible for UK payroll compliance; however, the Company will shortly be expanding to international payrolls and there will be an opportunity to open up the role to review these as well.
We provide in-house certified training as well as role relevant accredited training to enable you to do the role efficiently. giant people values
we have people values that we always aspire to. They are the cornerstone of our culture:
personal growth: we strive to understand ourselves.
• we are self-aware and in control of our insecurities, moods and emotions and their effect on others, • we control our reactions and think before speaking,
• we empathize and understand other’s emotions and their views and try to treat people according to their emotional reactions
• we are good at building rapport and relationships with others often by finding a common ground
• we take ownership of tasks/projects,
• whilst freely admitting our mistakes, and
• we stretch ourselves to grow (being nervous shows you are being stretched!),
• we listen well, encourage others to speak and
• we communicate internally and externally in a straight-forward honest manner leaving nothing unsaid - we say the good & the bad!
• whilst always being fair, respectful, and emotionally intelligent.
working as a team
• we achieve goals together as a team,
• with humility not ego,
• where everyone is equal and feels safe to challenge others and have their views heard
• always with a sense of humor!
At giant we believe that working for and with people who have emotional intelligence increases job happiness (satisfaction and motivation) exponentially. By following these values, we can be the best at what we do, provide greater job satisfaction for those around us and we can all grow to be the best version of ourselves!
To help you progress in your career you will be set clear objectives and you will be expected to constantly give and receive feedback. Every three or six months (monthly in your first three months) you will have a straightforward review meeting discussing your achievements, the progress of your objectives, examples of how you have demonstrated the giant people values, together with any other relevant discussion points including of course any feedback (good and not so good!) on your line manager.
giant employee survey
In line with our company values, we regularly ask every member of the giant team to provide feedback on what’s it like to work here. We use the answers to ensure that giant remains a place where we are all proud to work. Here are a few results of our most recent survey.
• 97% of people say they clearly understand their job role and know what’s expected of them day to day
• 93% of people understand their objectives and how they align with giant’s mission and overall company values
• 97% of people know who to go to with any urgent issues, including customer queries
• 97% of people recognised how their teams pull together to achieve company goals and fix any issues that may arise
• 91% of people said they have had the opportunity in the last 6 months, to learn and develop new skills within their current role.