- giant group
- giant screening
- Home Working
- Job Tenure
- Full Time Permanent
As a Business Development Manager, you will be required to build a pipeline of prospect clients and generate interest that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
Your ultimate objective is to achieve the sales target based on generating new sales revenue for screening and onboarding services, whilst also identifying cross sale opportunities for group products and services.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
1. Generate new screening revenue: Identify, qualify, and close new self-generated opportunities from networking and follow up
on leads provided by marketing
2. Drive new customer acquisitions, profitable revenue and increase customer share by building strong customer relationships and
3. To develop a rapport with new clients and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the
4. Achieve activity KPI’s to ensure you maintain a strong sales pipeline
5. Ensure the sales forecast and pipeline is consistently and accurately maintained
6. Identify cross selling opportunities with prospective clients for other group services and maximise revenue.
7. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and
8. Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate and is accurately entered and managed in the sales CRM.
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out any
other duties as directed by the manager and organisation.
Ideally you would have an A level or higher education, at least 3 years’ experience as a new business focused salesperson and be
able to evidence consistently achieving targets. You must be able to work independently and, be self-motivated, have a great enthusiasm and attitude for the role, a high level of resilience and strong written and verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
• Proficient in Microsoft office, LinkedIn, and sales navigator
• Phone based sales skills and presentation sales skills to clients via tele conferencing and face to face when suitable.
• Understanding and striving to achieve the giant people values is essential.
Your career path at giant will be consistent with how well you are carrying out your current role including reference to whether you have met or exceeded your objectives and importantly how you demonstrate the giant people values.
Understanding your aspirations ultimately helps us to guide your individual career path whether it is in your current area of the business or in a different area that your skills and knowledge can be developed.
In this role your career path is to progress into senior sales roles focusing on larger client acquisition as well as an opportunity to move across into any of our group companies to sell and manage sales teams.
We provide in-house certified training as well as role relevant accredited training to enable you to do the role efficiently.
giant people values
At giant we have people values that we always aspire to. They are the cornerstone of our culture:
personal growth: we strive to understand ourselves.
• we are self-aware and in control of our insecurities, moods and emotions and their effect on others.
• we control our reactions and think before speaking,
• we empathize and understand other’s emotions and their views and try to treat people according to their emotional reactions
• we are good at building rapport and relationships with others often by finding a common ground.
• we take ownership of tasks/projects,
• whilst freely admitting our mistakes, and
• we stretch ourselves to grow (being nervous shows you are being stretched!),
• we listen well, encourage others to speak and
• we communicate internally and externally in a straight-forward honest manner leaving nothing unsaid - we say the good & the bad!
• whilst always being fair, respectful, and emotionally intelligent.
working as a team
• we achieve goals together as a team,
• with humility not ego,
• where everyone is equal and feels safe to challenge others and have their views heard
• always with a sense of humor!
At giant we believe that working for and with people who have emotional intelligence increases job happiness (satisfaction and motivation) exponentially. By following these values, we can be the best at what we do, provide greater job satisfaction for those around us and we can all grow to be the best version of ourselves!
To help you progress in your career you will be set clear objectives and you will be expected to constantly give and receive feedback.
Every three or six months (monthly in your first three months) you will have a straightforward review meeting discussing your achievements, the progress of your objectives, examples of how you have demonstrated the giant people values, together with any other relevant discussion points including of course any feedback (good and not so good!) on your line manager.
giant employee survey
In line with our company values, we regularly ask every member of the giant team to provide feedback on what’s it like to work here. We use the answers to ensure that giant remains a place where we are all proud to work. Here are a few results of our most recent survey.
• 97% of people say they clearly understand their job role and know what’s expected of them day to day
• 93% of people understand their objectives and how they align with giant’s mission and overall company values
• 97% of people know who to go to with any urgent issues, including customer queries
• 97% of people recognised how their teams pull together to achieve company goals and fix any issues that may arise
• 91% of people said they have had the opportunity in the last 6 months, to learn and develop new skills within their current role.