- giant group
- giant professional
- Home Working
- OTE £33k
- Job Tenure
- Full Time Permanent
At giant group we have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our growing team.
Using 30 years of specialist knowledge we help organisations more effectively manage their workforce and with our people at the heart of what we do, we engage internally and externally with honesty and empathy.
For 30 years giant have provided specialist, end to end workforce management software and support services to recruitment agencies and corporate companies, internationally.
To understand more about giant and our services please browse our websites at:
- www.giantpay.co.uk for workers
- www.giantgroup.com for recruitment agencies
- www.giantprecision.com for corporates
about the role
As the Business Development Executive, you will be working alongside our New Business Sales Consultants to ensure enquiries are maximised from an existing agency portfolio and generating new business opportunities for giant from new and existing accounts.
your ultimate objective is to improve market position and achieve financial growth by identifying new opportunities to introduce to the telesales team.
Ideally, you will be educated to a business-related degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a B2B sales environment delivering against revenue targets. You must be able to understand and be able to demonstrate a sales cycle.
You have great enthusiasm and attitude for the role, a high level of resilience and strong written and verbal communication and emotional intelligence.
- proficient in Microsoft office
- experience of using CRM
- understanding and striving to achieve the giant people values is essential
Your career path at giant will be consistent with how well you are carrying out your current role including reference to whether you have met or exceeded your objectives and importantly how you demonstrate the giant people values.
Understanding your aspirations ultimately helps us to guide your individual career path whether it is in your current role or in a different role that your skills and knowledge can be developed.
In this role there are a number of career path routes you can take. For example in sales you can become a new business consultant, key account manager and account director or alternatively you can work in sales exclusively for any of our sister companies in screening, financing, or corporate markets.
We provide in-house certified training as well as role relevant accredited training to enable you to do the role efficiently.
giant people values
At giant we have people values that we always aspire to. They are the cornerstone of our culture:
personal growth: we strive to understand ourselves.
- we are self-aware and in control of our insecurities, moods and emotions and their effect on others.
- we control our reactions and think before speaking so we can empathize and understand other’s emotions and their views
- we are good at building rapport and relationships with others often by finding a common ground
- we take ownership of tasks/projects, whilst freely admitting our mistakes, and we stretch ourselves to grow (being nervous shows you are being stretched!),
- we listen well, encourage others to speak and we communicate in a straight-forward honest manner leaving nothing unsaid - we say the good & the bad! All whilst always being fair, respectful, and emotionally intelligent.
working as a team
- we achieve goals together as a team, with humility not ego, where everyone is equal and feels safe to challenge others and have their views heard and always with a sense of humor!
Studies show that working for and with people who have emotional intelligence increases job happiness (satisfaction and motivation) exponentially. By following these values, we can be the best at what we do, provide greater job satisfaction for those around us and we can all grow to be the best version of ourselves!
To help you progress in your career you will be set clear objectives and you will be expected to constantly give and receive feedback. Every three or six months (monthly in your first three months) you will have a straight forward review meeting discussing your achievements, the progress of your objectives, examples of how you have demonstrated the giant people values, together with any other relevant discussion points including of course any feedback (good and not so good!) on your line manager.
All our posts are subject pre-employment checks. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and we look forward to all applicants and applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job and to consider them on their abilities.